This Episode: A Coaching Masterclass – with Jo Wheatley
Lucinda is joined by award-winning EMCC Global Coach 2020, and executive coaching expert, Jo Wheatley, for a masterclass in how to get the best from people, and also how to help them unlock their true potential.
- Indeed, If you have a love and a passion for supporting and developing others, then perhaps coaching is the direction for your talents. Certainly, getting the best from others is an art form.
- Examining the needs of others, is to examine the patterns that others may be experiencing. it may be a case of impostor syndrome, especially among the higher levels of business.
- Certainly, when it comes to training requirements, a good practice is to ascertain the research carried out by the attendee, along with any resources gathered so far, before scheduling time on a one-to-one basis.
- Lastly, the deployment of either coaching and mentoring depends very much upon the individual, the conversation, and the context.
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- The HR Uprising ranked 9th in Feedspot’s ‘Top 30 UK HR Podcasts You Must Follow in 2021’.
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The HR Uprising 100th episode!
- Change Superhero Resources:
‘Coaching is still more of a specialist L&D part of the HR profession’
‘As an HR professional you’re often supporting a lot of people in an organisation’
‘It’s about understanding their reality – their here and now’
‘Coaching is future focussed’
About The Guest
Jo is an Award Nominated (EMCC Global Coach Practitioner 2020) Master Accredited Coach and Coach Trainer. Also, she has over 1800 hours of 1:1 executive coaching experience and is a qualified coaching supervisor. Jo coaches professionals across the globe through virtual coaching platforms as a well as in person sessions. Additionally, she works in a consultancy capacity specialising in supporting values led organisations driving cultural transformation. Lastly, she is a co-founder and Coach at In Good Company which is an Institute of Leadership and Management Approved Centre.
Connect with Jo Wheatley:
Jo Wheatley LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/joannewheatley/
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel