This Episode: Long-term Wellbeing Strategies As We Return To The Workplace
This week, Lucinda talks about the long-term wellbeing strategies that can aid us in our quest to re-establish the workplace in the aftermath of the COVID lockdown, and how we can make the most of self-care in order to increase our resilience.
- There is a very real sense that an epidemic of burnout is on the horizon. Holding our lives and our composure together over the past 12 months has been incredibly difficult.
- Self-care, and the practice of treating ourselves kindly, is the best way in which we can enhance our resilience and embed our long-term wellbeing.
- If we are depleted in terms of resilience, then we are less likely to be able to “bounce back”. Prevention is better than a cure when it comes to mental health.
- We must practice being happy in the present. We can sometimes lose the value of the moment by focussing too far upon the goals of the future.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
‘People are in danger of burnout’
‘Common sense is not necessarily common practice’
‘How do we make sure we are keeping that flexibility?’
‘It’s about upwards and onwards instead of dwelling on the past’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel